Friday, January 18, 2013

Go Bags and Baby Quilts

I finished my own go bag this week and my hospital bag is packed and in the car! I feel like that is such a huge accomplishment and it makes me feel more prepared.

Isn't she so cute and sunny? Seriously, if you haven't hopped over to Jeni Baker's site at In Color Order and tried this pattern, you really should. She has a free tutorial, but I have purchased the pattern and it is wonderful. It is so easy to follow and you can make any size you need. Check it out.

I am also experimenting with a no binding baby quilt. This is the first prototype.

A certain three year old was absolutely thrilled to be the official quilt holder for this photo session. She always wants to help Daddy when he holds up the bigger projects for me and she thought it was pretty special that this one was just the right size to do it all by herself.

My goal here is to stretch charm packs into great little quilts for Project Linus, a charity near and dear to myself and my family. I cut the backing to the exact size of the quilt top, "reverse basted" the batting to the backing piece, and sewed all the way around leaving an opening to turn. I have a few tweaks to make on the next one and perhaps I will take photos as I go and post a tutorial here. We will see.

Happy Friday!

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts

 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute model, who definitely looks pleased peering over the blanket :-)

    ReplyDelete