Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year!

I finally feel like I am coming out of the 'holiday haze'. We are working on getting back into our family routine and trying to get the house in order. Hopefully that will pave the way to more creative time for me, that I will then share with all of you. I keep telling myself we have some major adjustments coming, but I guess I won't worry about that too much until baby girl makes her appearance.

I can finally share with you a big finish in 2012. I made this runner for my mother-in-law for Christmas. At 70 inches long, it is one of the biggest projects I have completed. I am really proud of it and I believe my MIL loves it, which is most important.

The quilting was very time consuming, but definitely worth it. I stitched in the ditch around each star point and then echo quilted all the white spaces. Here is a close up.

The floral print is a bluebonnet and that was my jumping off point. I wanted to feature that in some way, so I whipped up these two hot pads to match the runner.

Amazingly, I also have a 2013 finish to share. I started this top late last year, but didn't like the way it was shaping up and of course, with Christmas looming all non essential projects were eschewed. Anyway, I decided my main squeeze needed a recliner blanket (what husband of a fabric hoarding wife doesn't?) and this was the result.

I love the colors and the Michael Miller Zoology print. It goes with absolutely nothing in the living room and is a bit juvenile, but I am fairly certain my two biggest fans could care less. I backed it with a twin sheet and quilted it with simple "straight" lines every two inches. It is super soft and a perfect size for him to use in his chair, with enough room to spare for the munchkin.

Wishing all of you a wonderfully creative and fulfilling 2013!

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you are awesome!! Those look great, Katie!!

    ReplyDelete