Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom is awesome. I would say that even if she wasn't my Mom (honest). In fact, since becoming a mother myself, my Mom's awesomeness has increased at least 10 fold. Not because she has changed any, but because now, I see. If you are a Mom, you understand that statement. If you are not, no amount of explaining will help.

My Mom is special for so many things. Artistically, she is more talented than anyone I know and I know a lot of creative, talented folks. It runs in the family, remember? You would never know it though, because she is beyond humble, another special attribute. She is quietly courageous, the calm in a storm, and the reason that I know I can do anything I put my mind to (I can even end a sentence with a preposition!).

Last Thursday was her birthday. So, for a special treat, I planned a quilt shop hop from New Braunfels to Houston. We all met in New Braunfels Thursday evening, got up Friday morning and shopped all the way to Houston. It was a family affair. My aunt made the round trip with me to join in the shop hop fun, my older brother and his family made a wonderful birthday dinner and cake, my younger brother and his wife put us up for the night, my dad drove on to Houston by himself, and hubby took off work to stay home with Charlotte. High five everybody! Thanks for making it a success.

I decided that the trip needed to end in a quilty gift for her, so I made this wall hanging...

In progress

Finished front

Pockets for hanging

Quilting

 

I really liked how it turned out, but more importantly, I think my Mom really liked it. I love you Mom.

P.S. I am already planning next year's hop. I think we need t-shirts :)

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing, Katie!! Great job, i am so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete